Monday, February 1, 2016

Second Day Agenda

Thanks again for everyone's patience.  My condition got a little worse, so I do not expect to be in school until Thursday at the earliest.  I certainly don't want to spread the Black Death to any of you.

Today's agenda is the following:

  • Read the Syallabus - and make some mental notes if you have any questions.  We're going to hit the ground running when I am back, so we're skipping the whole "Syllabus day" routine.
  • Take your open note quiz on the Renaissance
    • 14 points, 15 questions.  Good luck!
  • Watch John Green talk about Agiculture and introduce you to Crash Course World History
    • Crash Course #1 - Agriculture
  • Watch John Green talk about the Renaissance and evaluate whether it was really a thing or not
    • Crash Course #22 - The Renaissance

      You can find these videos by looking on the public drive under the Malafarina folder.  Check under "Modern World History" or "Crash Course" - I'm not sure of the exact path, but I know they are there!  Once you find them, please share them with a neighbor.  They're also available on youtube and linked from the website.
I'm not going to give you a video quiz on these two sections.  I'm simply asking that you watch them and really think about it.  The information from these videos *is* fair game for your first test, so you are welcome to take a few notes.

If you have extra time this period, it is yours - just make sure you don't disturb your neighbors if they're still working.  Tomorrow you guys will be watching a video, and if we're lucky I'll be back on Thursday to get things rolling.